|RSS feeds have made it so convenient to gather current information. If you have an RSS Reader on your desktop, then from this one window you can get up-to-date information from any sources of your choice, such as:|
1. Latest news from news agencies
2. Last articles published on ezines such as this one
3. New products at retail outlets
4. New movie reviews
5. Recent entries in blogs
The list is endless, but you get the idea.
How would you like to give this convenience to the visitors of your website? Your visitors can see RSS feeds with latest info right on your web page instead of going from site to site. And it is very easy to install.
Before you start I suggest that you see some sites which display RSS feeds just to get a feel of it. You can see your My.Yahoo page from where you can subscribe to any RSS feed you want. Or, if you like, you can see some popular feeds on my website:
Ok, let's get started with these easy steps.
1. Click open this page :
2. From "Step One" of this page select just one RSS feed out of the dropdown list.
3. Lower on the page in "Step Two" you will see some options. In these options you can fill in your values or leave them at default setting.
4. Click on update button.
5. A similar looking page opens. Down below on this page in "Step Three" there is a code which has to be installed on your website. Copy this code and paste it on a text editor. On right side of the page you can see how the feed will look on your page.
6. Go to step 2 and select some other RSS feeds. Repeat steps 3 to 5 and you will have a collection of codes to be installed on your website.
7. Select the web page where you want to install RSS feeds. I would suggest creating a new page exclusively for RSS feeds.
8. Decide the location on the web page for installing RSS feed. In the HTML code of the web page, paste one of the codes of RSS feeds at the location you have decided.
9. See how RSS feeds looks on your page. You will need to be connected to the net to see the feeds. You can make necessary corrections until you get the right appearance.
10. Add all other RSS feed codes below the first one. Separate each code with breaks. This will put all the feeds in one column.
So that's it. Simple steps. This will display some popular RSS feeds on your web site using Java. From this starting point you can think of installing other Java scripts or PHP scripts to display any RSS feeds of your choice.
Sanjay Johari contributes articles regularly to various ezines. His website contains information, articles, resources, opportunities and more for small business owners and home based business owners.
Join the longest running internet business opportunity - because it works!
My Top Ten List Of Extremely Annoying Web Page Design Elements!
Easy navigation and usability are one of the most
important aspects of creating a "user friendly" website.
However, there are still a "plethora" of web-sites out there
that are, to be politically correct, “functionally challenged.”
Email Newsletter Format: HTML or Text
An email newsletter is probably the most effective way to communicate with your target audience. One of the main considerations before you create and deliver an email newsletter is what format to use: HTML or Text. Until a few years ago, some...
Reasons Why You Should Have A Weblogger Installed On Your Web Site
I don't know about you, but when I built my first web site three years back I don't know anything about the webloggers. One day when I checking the features of my web host control panel (after two months of uploading my first home page) I saw...
Are You A Bill Clinton Webmaster?
One of the most frequent questions I get asked about my ebook, Don't Get Banned BY The Search Engines, is whether I amended it to include post-Florida Google. "Florida" is the code name that search engine optimizer wizards gave to a November,...
How To Get Profits From Your 駬 Page Not Found' File
"'Page Not Found' on this Server. Check the URL and try again. Or Refresh the page..."
This is the annoying error that we will come across every time we surf the web pages. Internet will be changing every minute and day. The web sites that...